Memory Glass has recently discovered that all of our pieces can be made with soil, dirt, or sand from any location to create an Orb, Pendant, or any other available keepsake.
Examples include a pinch of soil from a loved one's burial plot, some sand from a favorite beach, or some dirt from a secret location that only you and your loved one knew about.
Typically, the soil or dirt will look white in the piece due to the extreme heat that burns off any organic materials during the glass blowing process. The outcome of sand will depend on the sand itself. Pure white sand will not be as visible as black sand for example, but either way, you will see it in the piece.
All our Orbs are available in two sizes.
Small is approx. 2-3 inches in diameter and 1-2 pounds.
Large is approx. 4-5 inches in diameter and 3-4 pounds.
A wrap is the delicate addition of glass wrapped around the base of the Orb, and is permanently fused to the glass.
Wraps are available in either coil or wave designs, and in any of our 16 color options.
This design addition adds $25 to your order.
Our Mahogany stands are a striking way to display your Orb by lighting it up from below using long-lasting LED lights.
The Large Honduras Mahogany stand is 5x5x2 inches and adds $120 to your order.
The Small Spanish Mahogany stand is 3.5x3.5x1 inches and adds $80 to your order.
Each stand comes with an custom engraved plaque to commemorate your loved one.
Commemorate your loved one's Mahogany Stand with a message on a plaque.
A Large Stand Plaque has 3 lines of text and fits up to 25 characters per line.
A Small Stand Plaque has 2 lines of text and fits up to 25 characters per line.
You may find that your local Funeral Home will offer Memory Glass at a lower price than us.
This is due to several factors, but the most important being that the funeral homes are set up to send us your ashes in the easiest way possible, and the "welcome kit" is not necessary.
You may find that your local Funeral Home will be able to get your Memory Glass back to you faster than through our website.
This is because the funeral homes are able to send your ashes to us immediately. They don't need to wait for the "welcome kit" to arrive to them.
<< Shipping Process
The Ordering Process
(roll over underlined text for more information & pictures)
Ordering a Memory Glass is easy, and can be done in two ways:
- Through your Local Funeral Home
- Online through our Website
- Perfect if you already have the urn
- Great if you want to preserve dirt, sand or soil
- Saves you the time of dealing with a funeral home
- Speak with the artists to make sure you are totally satisfied with all aspects of your Memory Glass
- Click here to get started!
Either way you decide to order, the process is quite simple.
- Depending on the keepsake you wish to order, a number of options must be selected for each piece.
- For Memory Glass Orbs & Hearts, our handmade wooden stands with LED light clusters are available to light up the pieces from the bottom.
- Memory Glass Pendants include a Black Leather Cord at no additional cost, but you are welcome to choose a Sterling Silver, or 14k Yellow or White Gold chain to hang your pendant.
- Memory Glass Touchstones include a black 3d Suspension Box to display your touchstone proudly.
- After placing your order, the ashes get to Memory Glass in one of two ways.
- If you order through your local funeral home, they will take care of everything from for you.
- If you order through our website, we will be sending you a "Welcome Kit" that includes everything that you need to send a portion of the the ashes back to us. This should arrive in 3-5 business days from placing your order.
- Click here for more information on the SHIPPING PROCESS.